Kitchen or Bath Remodel? What Will Add More Resale Value?September 6, 2016
Change The Look Of Your Entire Room by Changing Just One Wall!September 6, 2016
Are you struggling with a small bathroom in the Washington, DC area?
It’s a common problem. Many homes in the DC area were built in an era where bathrooms were an afterthought. So many people are living frustrated in their cramped bathrooms. But, you don’t have to continue the struggle. There are many things you can do to make your small bathroom feel larger and less cramped.
Here are 8 tips to help you survive your small bathroom:
- Switch to a pedestal sink or a wall mounted sink over a small vanity. Without those bulky cabinets taking up room, the bathroom will feel larger and more open. And if you choose the wall mounted sink with a small vanity, you will have some much-needed storage space.
- Add a medicine cabinet for storage. You don’t have to sacrifice storage space in your small bathroom. A medicine cabinet adds storage without making the bathroom appear smaller.
- Add a toilet topper cabinet. Again, adding cabinets on your walls will add storage space without making your bathroom feel smaller.
- Add a double towel bar. This will double your room for hanging towels without taking up more space.
- Install a curved shower rod. This will give you a little extra elbow room in the shower, if the space is cramped.
- Use light colors. When choosing tile or paint, pick light colors. It will make the room feel larger and more open. Dark colors can make a small room feel even smaller.
- Add recessed lighting. In addition to your wall sconces or vanity light, adding more lighting will make the space feel larger, especially if your bathroom doesn’t have a window.
- Consider expanding. If your budget and space allow for it, consider opening up a wall to increase the size of your bathroom. Expanding the size of your bathroom is something both you and future owners of the house will enjoy.
Your small bathroom doesn’t need to be a source of struggle! With these tips, you can make your bathroom appear larger without sacrificing storage space. And if you’re able to, a bathroom remodel might be just what your small bathroom needs. At Bath Plus Kitchen Remodeling, we offer full-service bathroom and kitchen remodeling in Northern Virginia, DC, and Montgomery County, MD. We can turn your small bathroom into a beautiful, spacious place that you enjoy spending your time in.